Monday, April 14, 2008

Sensible Shoes



This is NOT, I repeat, NOT, a picture of Mongo! Sorry ladies...I've got much bigger guns and my ass is as hairy as a small rodent.(The photo was obtained through a "road rash" search on Flickr)

What this picture does though, is represent quite accurately some of the injuries Mongo has been suffering with for the past week. Let me assure you, mine are more serious and getting extremely scabby.

Though my exterior injuries are worthy of a closeup in Hostel 5: Floyd's Revenge, it's the internal ones that are keeping me off my skateboard and bikes. I believe I might be the first person to ever pull a muscle in their 'taint. The pain is so deep in the ass cheek, it hurts to do everything.

Yesterday, Mongo was jonesing to get out and get some exercise, but my options were limited. I couldn't ride...I couldn't skate...I couldn't run...but I could walk. Not only was I going to walk, but I was going to do some Extreme Walking.

As it turns out, Extreme Walking is just like cycling...except there's no bike...and instead of going fast...you don't! Mongo did manage a sub two hour 6.3 miles...with a strong kick at the end!

Hopefully...I'll be back riding in a week.

No comments: