Monday, October 6, 2008

Technically Speaking...


...Mongo won tonight's edition of the S.B.A.D.M.V.V.L. Hammerfest. There was a sprint...it was contested...and Mongo crossed the line first. The reckless, Sonny Crockett style finish by Mongo, blatantly disregarding pedestrians and old people, may have scared some of my pursuers off but...I won!
Using my tried and true method of sandbagging early, finishing the climbs as close to last as possible, never going to the front, along with some genuine mechanical troubles...they never saw it coming.
I also have to say that this was the first Hammerfest in a very long time that Mongo hasn't been doped to the gills. Normally, my body is a cocktail of everything that could possibly be bad for you prior to riding near your maximum heart rate for an hour and a half.
Today, Mongo took the advice of an actual professional cyclist, who is on a team with uniforms and everything, and went solely with the product pictured above...I guess the shit worked!

No comments: