Thursday, February 25, 2010

Born The Son Of A Lawless Man


It's been a very long time since Mongo has finished a ride, stripped off my gear, and dropped exhausted into my quickly moistening bed. Today, I got to relive exactly what it feels like to be on the verge of a complete body shutdown.

Mongo decided this morning to take my new Sub-19 out for a run on the 23/2300 Hammerfest loop. During the last couple of months Mongo has hammerfested solely on LPE, so I was excited to see how my training would translate to the Sub-19. Mongo was in full racing trim along with a full array of computer data retention. It would have been a great ride except for the fact that it was thirty eight degrees and windy as f**k!...I'm talking about a constant headwind of at least twenty miles per hour...seriously!

I rode well. The climbs were brutal and the descents were slow. I had wind in my face all day and my speed suffered, but the overall workout was extremely intense. It was what I needed to take my "Cat 5 Domination" training to the next level.

No comments: