Saturday, August 13, 2011

What's The Etiquette On This?






















Today Mongo learned a few things...

1: My "Cat 5 Domination" training using my new weight vest is paying off.

2: If it wasn't for the fact that I ride with very fast guys, I would be that very fast guy.

3: I seem to have little guilt about out-sprinting a chick for victory.

4: The Internet needs to be shut down immediately.

While many of my fellow Smyrna Bicycles brethren were doing the hard and fast, Cat 1/2/3/4 "Enemy Bike Shop" ride early this morning, Mongo opted out. First of all, I did it last week. Secondly, it killed me and ruined the rest of my Saturday. Thirdly of all, I needed to get back to my Cat 6/7 "Enemy Bike Shop" ride stomping grounds and remind everyone there what's up! (...and yes, I know, "thirdly of all" isn't proper English.)

Though I wasn't expecting any teammates to join me, Mongo was pleasantly surprised when "Kaiser" Martin showed up. He explained that he and the wife had just come back from holiday in Europe and he hadn't been on a bike in weeks. Needless to say, after the slow rollout, I didn't see him the rest of the day.

One of the things I enjoy about this ride is the fact that there are always women on it...and most of them are pretty fast. Today was no exception. In fact, Mongo's main rival until the very end was a very pretty, and fast, team kitted up, Look 695 riding, girl!

In the final few kilometres (European for miles), the peloton shrunk to five...including Mongo and this girl. We all battled back and forth on the last climbs, but on the final sprint Mongo had to come around her for the win. It was a lot of fun.

After the ride Mongo was so impressed with the efforts of this young lady and the fact that she was wearing a team kit with lots of sponsors and riding a Look...that I Googled the name on her kit. Based on this, I was able to find out who she was, where she worked, and lots of other personal information that I have carefully stashed away on an external hard drive.

It turns out SHE'S A PRO!...Cat 2 baby!...And Mongo took her down to Chinatown. Awww, Yeeah!!!

No comments: