Thursday, February 1, 2024

The Season Approaches...I Need A New "Guy"

 



   Where to begin?... No, really, where should I begin?

There is so much to talk about but so little effort on Mongo's part to do anything about it. Sitting down and writing these days is harder than prying a half-priced Margarita from the hands of a frustrated school teacher at a Bennigan's happy hour who is already two and a half deep in the first hour and is woo wooing every time a new person arrives while getting the judgmental side-eye from most of her colleagues . *(60 Word Sentence...Illegal in nine countries)

 I will do my best and try to power through the malaise and regale everyone with my verbal gymnastics, but instead of insight and thoughtful prose, there will more than likely be unsubstantiated proclamations and unfounded predictions mixed in with a smattering of hack writing and laziness. Here we go!


1...Wout Van Aert is Mongo's "Guy" for 2024  ( RIP Edvald Boasson Hagen (He's not dead)...Previous "Guy")

2...Tadej Pogacar will win the Tour de France

3...Mathieu van der Poel will win three Monuments and repeat as World Champion

4...Mongo is back, baby! (We'll see, I still have my doubts)

5...To be continued



No comments: