Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Pirate Looks At Twenty


“Young and in love and filled with hope
We found in each other what we lacked in ourselves

There was joy in our hearts and hunger to our touch
Emotion and passion determined the choices we made

We laughed and we cried between the long goodbyes
Discovering the world through the eyes of another

Taken for granted in the haze of uncertainty
Decisions with built-in regrets

The third act ended and the arc was complete
Dear John, she wrote… and everything went silent

A broken heart… empty conquests… the simple truth
Innocence traded for the briefness of desperation

Through rose-colored memories I feel the ache of my first love lost
The longing stays with me until a smile touches my soul

There’s a song in the rain if you’re listening closely
My faith is again renewed”

No comments: