Monday, June 23, 2008

Prisoners Of Technology


You know by now that among many other vices, Mongo likes to rock while cycling. It shuts me off from the pesky outside world and allows me to get into whatever kind of zone is needed.
My last mp3 player died about three weeks ago...and I didn't hurry to replace it. My thinking was that riding sans tunes would bring me back to the pure essence of cycling.
Man and machine working in harmony, wind in my ears, aware of the elements...yadda, yadda, yadda! Let me just tell you, that shit is overrated.
I heard noises coming from my bikes that I'd never heard before...none of them good.
What followed was three weeks of a meticulously anal search and eliminate mission on all my noises. Though mostly successful, I decided to get a new mp3 player anyway.
I bought this little baby at Best Buy for $59.99. It has 2GB of memory, tons of great functions, a clip on the back, and it's smaller than the picture.
"What's that...I can't hear you."

No comments: