Monday, September 8, 2008

Nightmare On Trek Street


So there I was last night, in the middle of a great dream involving Italy, a girl, cycling, and some sweet lovin', when I was rudely interrupted with a completely different dream.

It's that same feeling you get when local news cuts into your favorite show at a critical moment with breaking news that's really not that important...but they spend enough time on the story to ruin whatever you've just been watching.

Well...my little fantasy o' pleasure turned into a horror story.

I dreamed that Mellow Johnny, tired of middle of the packin' it on the marathon circuit and one ballin' it on the A-/B+ celebrity young chick circuit, was dusting off his smug ambivalence and at age thirty seven returning to road racing with Team Astana.

I awoke in a cold sweat.

It's not like that would ever happen!?

No comments: