Thursday, September 25, 2008

Speed Is All You Need


Mongo has been concentrating on his climbing skills over the last couple of months due to the extreme pressure of the weekly S.B.A.D.M.V.V.L Hammerfest. It's kind of like an Economics exam in college. If you show up unprepared, you can't fake your way through it.
The result has been an exponential improvement in my ability...and my abs have gone from a no-pack to a single tall boy to a four-pack of wine coolers.
The downside to all this climbing has been a big reduction in my speed work. I've put in the miles, but not too many 10-15 mile 23+ mph "smackdown" rides. Today I got back on track.
In honor of the metal of choice for USA Cycling, Bronze, (Nice job, Dave Z.) Mongo took down a Marco Pantani lookalike and a Tri-poseur at the same time. Pantani got dropped with about one mile to go, and I out sprinted unitard to the line.

No comments: