Monday, December 8, 2008

15x2+34-18+4x8


The orange and white street barricades pushed to the side of the road should have been the one and only warning I needed...but I rolled in anyway.

Mongo doesn't like to brag, but I am easily the premier suburban-backcountry-freeride skateboarder in my neighborhood. I am obligated to shred the gnar at high speeds and under all sketchy conditions. My street cred is constantly being judged by joggers, dog walkers, amazed old people, and the occasional hot chick.

After two days of back to back cycling, in very cold weather and on a new saddle that's not dialed in yet, I was feeling sluggish, lazy, and sore when I got up today. My plan was to watch TV, eat, nap, and repeat if necessary.

Then I started watching the 2008 Pro-Tec Pool Party on Fuel...and it was on! Nothing gets me more hyped to skate than watching legends and pros shred the Van's combi-pool. Miller and Cab dominated the veterans, while Glifberg and Hassan led the pros. But it was the full body slam by announcer and former pro, Dave Duncan, after getting hung up on a roll-in, that made me want to bundle up and skate. If this forty five year old fat guy can walk it off and continue shredding, then I had no excuses.


No comments: