Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And From Holding You Down With Me


Mongo just recently celebrated his birthday. I say this not in hopes of receiving congratulations or money, (money is always appreciated) but because though I'm in my early/mid forties, I have had a "Benjamin Button-like" transformation over the past decade and feel like I did when I was in my early twenties...Seriously!

Granted, when I was in my twenties I was "on the dope" and a borderline alcoholic, so my standard of reference is pretty low...but that was twenty years ago!

Between the ages of twenty three and thirty three, Mongo drank, smoked, snorted, and illegal activity'd himself through life. Though I wouldn't change a thing, (except pretty much most of it) my physical health and mental well being suffered.

When I quit drinking a little over ten years ago, my physical and emotional state began a transformation for the better that has helped me to live a healthy and balanced life. Cycling, in turn, has provided me with both inspiration and motivation for my mind and body, but the truth is that because of riding my bikes, I am in the best shape and health of my entire life.

With age comes wisdom and perspective...which provoke the conscience for needed change.

No comments: