Saturday, April 10, 2010

One Thousand Posts: Made With Bits Of Real Panther...So You Know It's Good

Mongo doesn't generally celebrate milestones, birthdays, anniversaries, or other events that are counted or recorded. That being said, I am quite proud of my little blog's career and the fact that I still enjoy sitting down in front of the computer and spewing out my nonsense.

I could genuinely talk about how therapeutic and cathartic some of my cryptic writing has been for me over the years, but no one wants to hear about that crap. What started out as satirical commentary turned into personal exploration...but at the foundation of it all is still my love for cycling and skateboarding.

Mongo has a number of faithful readers around the country and around the world, (I know who you are!) as well as thousands of people who've stopped by intermittently, and I continue to be amazed, surprised, and grateful.

So...From me, Fred Garvin, male prostitute, and my life-partner, Snacks McGee*, I would like to thank all who have travelled the first thousand with me.

(*) Not his real name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah mongo!

styles p