Thursday, April 8, 2010

Take It To The Limit: Screws


Mongo's road bike, Sub-19, always seems to have some sort of click, tick, or ping going on. Though when I'm riding, most of the racket occurs in the five inches between my ears, I am almost positive that thirty percent of the time there is actual noise coming from the bike itself.

In the past couple of months Mongo has changed wheels on the Sub-19 as well as changing lubes...I've just never been happy with the Magnum/Astroglide interface. Anyway, with the new A.C. Hurricanes I had to adjust my low-limit screw, and ever since then I've had sporadic chain/chainring squeaking. Add to this that my favorite lube, Pro Road , has been discontinued and there really isn't anything that compares to it out there, Mongo has been forced to play the field...but as of yet, I have not been left satisfied.

I did spend a good hour in the garage working on my chainline and setting up the jockey wheels in the most efficient position. Lets see what happens during my next ride on Saturday.

No comments: