Thursday, April 7, 2011

There Is No Finish Line

As an admitted self-absorbed, sociopathic, narcissistic, smart, handsome, charming, and most importantly, honest individual, it always bothers me when I do stupid shit.

Such is the case with my cycling as of late. I have been doing what is called "resting on my laurels". And since my laurels weren't that great to begin with, it is a bad trap in which to fall.

Mongo has started reading his own press and seemingly forgotten what hard work and sacrifice it took to whip my skills into mid-peloton shape. I am enjoying my improvements, but unless I re-focus on my diet and training, it will all be for naught.

That being said, Mongo had a solid ride today on the MNR route with "Doo Doo" Brown...and with two strong night sessions this week on the trainer and two more days of riding this weekend, I'm feeling good about the 23/2300 Hammerfest on Monday.

No comments: