Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lost In America


(Photo:SM)

Mongo has been spending a lot of time and miles on the F600 lately...and really enjoying it! There have been both legitimate and phantom reasons for me to have interrupted my training routine, which included my regular "Singletrack Sundays", but I am happy to say that Mongo is back on track.

A big dose of rain over the past few weeks and my unwillingness to hurt myself on the wet, slippery, rocky, rooty, unstable terrain, along with a saddle that nearly eliminated my ability to pee, have children, and ever sit down, temporarily took Mongo away from a part of cycling that I really enjoy. (55 word sentence...possibly grammatically correct...impressive!)

Today, Mongo put in about seven miles on the local trails. It was more of a recovery ride since I put in a hard effort yesterday, winning the Cat 6/7 "Enemy Bike Shop" ride in a crafty sprint and notching consecutive podium, number twenty two. Tomorrow will be Mongo's first 23/2300 Hammerfest in almost a month, so I'm anxious to put in a strong performance. We shall see how my training pays off.

No comments: