Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm Saving That For...


There are two things that one needs to be considered a "real" cyclist. The first is a floor pump...That much is obvious. The second is an unusual amount of spare and backup components and parts that you have never, and probably will never use.
This can include, but is not exclusive to, hex bolts, seatposts, derailleurs, spokes, brakesets, saddles, and of course...multiple wheelsets.
I am as guilty as the next guy and I can't explain it. I can justify every part and component sitting idle in one of two tool boxes or on multiple shelves. Some things haven't seen a bicycle in over fifteen years. I know I'm an idiot, but I can't get rid of anything.
Mongo has three different sets of wheels for my road bike...1.Primary 2.Backup/Climbing 3.Backup/Backup/Bad Weather...It makes no sense.
I guess I could set one of them up with cyclocross tires for the bike I'll never get.




No comments: