Thursday, August 14, 2008

Resistance Is Futile


Mongo had a great ride today. Thirty miles of rolling capped off with ten miles of hard climbing. I managed to lay waste to a Cervelo P3 and it's helpless rider, and my muscles and lungs were feeling good.

What really made the day for me though was one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen...seriously. From a purely mechanical perspective, it was poetry in motion.

Mongo stopped by the bike shop to chat with Boonen and Young Jimmy, and soon the conversation turned to who had the smoothest hubs.

Three bikes were placed in a stand and the front wheel of each was spun once as hard as possible...they were all timed until the forward rotation stopped.

Mavic Kysyrium ES-2:20secs.

Mavic CXP33/105 Hub-2:51secs.

American Classic 420-8:16secs...Are you f***ing kidding me?




No comments: