Sunday, February 22, 2009

Backcountry Two Point Six : The Paving

Mongo was feeling his inner Heike Sorsa today, so I decided to go snowboarding. Unfortunately, there's no snow on the ground...and the last time I snowboarded it was called "Snurfing". Who's with me on this, rope holding old timers?
Not ruining the moment with boring details, I rocked my new Spyder jacket and matching beanie, slapped on my i-Pod and Oakleys, grabbed the Alva, (Or as I like to call it, the "Burton of Summer".) and did a nollie-manual-hardflip-stankyleg down my driveway...and off into the backcountry.
The highlight of the session was either the twinkletoes-yardsale-runout, when I was cut off from a high speed turn by a truck going wide, or rolling in on the steepest hill I do not knowing that it's been freshly paved...and going from 35mph to 40+mph.
I love it!

No comments: