Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cervelo Is Canadian For Scattante


Mongo is a sucker for nostalgia. Idealized Americana, in all it forms, can always tug at my emotions. I will always buy into a good comeback story, and root mightily for the underdog.
You all, by now, know my opinion of Live Astanastrong...I 'aint buyin'. But I have decided to quietly get on board with the Floyd Landis Titanium Hip Tour '09.
I know in my gut that Floyd is guilty of something. The thing is...what happened to him is so outside the traditional parameters of doping, that we haven't seen a case like his before or since the 2006 Tour. His case dragged on for years. Doping cases involving CERA and EPO are resolved in months.
The French cycling snobocracy hate Lance Armstrong...for the right and wrong reasons. When the opportunity came to do to Landis what they were unable to do to Armstrong, they jumped all over it. Corruption, shady labs, payoffs...were all exposed during the Landis case, yet there was still enough scientific evidence to prove in several courts that Landis was guilty of...something?
Anyway, he did the crime and paid the time and is on the comeback trail with a Continental team. I picked him for my fantasy team, more out of hope than expectation, and he's done...ok. Which is more than I can say for VDV and Kim Kirchen. WTF! At least Thor came through for me today against all the big sprinters.

No comments: