Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thankyou VeloNews...


...for not suing me!

Every writer hopes to have a moment in time on which they can look back and say, "That's when I knew I'd made it."

For Mongo, this seminal moment came not after some silly award like the Pulitzer, but instead, on the threat of legal action.

You see, Mongo hasn't been giving proper credit or links to the images I've been using on my blog. Public domain images are one thing, but most of my pro cycling and equipment photos have come from VeloNews.

When I first started this blog over a year ago, I thought five friends and a few stranger might read it....Was I wrong! Readers in over seventy countries and eight hundred cities around the world have stopped by my little corner of the web. Though I probably knew better, copyright ramifications never crossed my mind.

From this post forward, any images taken from VeloNews or any other commercial site will be properly linked and/or credited.

By the way...VeloNews is the best cycling website out there...really!

No comments: