Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beaten Like A Rented Bad Transmission Five Dollar Hooker Stepchild Mule


Mongo loves a good excuse as much as the next guy. As I was thinking about what transpired on Saturday, a slew of legitimate and a few shady ones came to mind. When I got ready to chronicle the day's riding with my usual witty prose, I took pause, tossed the excuses, and decided to take my medicine like a man.

If anyone's ever had a taste of their own medicine, you know it tastes like a cross between poop and acid reflux. I'm talking about the "wake you up in the middle of the night, sinuses flooded with poopy bile" acid reflux...It ain't pretty! What am I leading up to? You can probably tell by now...Mongo got "Smacked Down".

A dude who rides for a rival bike shop on an S-Works Tarmac jumped me at 25 miles after I had just put in a long pull with three other guys. He got a two hundred yard gap on me that I maintained for a couple of miles, but I eventually faded. This dude was six inches shorter than me, and based on his stocky build, had no business being fast...but he was. After chatting with "Shady" later that day, it turns out that this guy might be my buddy, "Boonen's" arch-nemesis from the road season this year. All I can say is this..."It's on, tubby!"

No comments: