Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wet Leaves And A Girl Named Sue: The Sunday Ride


The last couple of days have been very rainy around these parts. Today though, Mongo had sunshine and the whole day to myself, so I saddled up LPE and headed for the Silver Comet Trail.

I stopped by the shop on the way and chatted with "MC-Lean" and "Still State Champion For Another Week" Brady. Both guys cyclocrossed yesterday, with "Shady" picking up his first win of the year and "MC-Lean" delivering another solid top ten in his division.

I eventually rode out of the shop in pursuit of a female Pro cyclist who rides for a major team here in town. She had about three minutes on me and I finally caught up with her about five miles later. She was on her cyclocross bike and I was on my mt. bike, so we chatted about both and a few miles later she turned around and I kept going. It was nice to ride with someone who was neither insecure or trying to drop me. It also didn't hurt that she was...bangin'!

The trail was totally covered in places with pine straw and leaves, and there were no challengers worthy of a smackdown, so I put in a medium paced forty miles and called it a day. I'm planning on more hill training tomorrow.

No comments: