Monday, September 5, 2011

A Deluxe Apartment In The Sky

Mongo did an hour on the trainer today. Labor Day and bad weather caused the cancellation of the 23/2300 Hammerfest and me riding outside. Both things are disappointing because Mongo has been riding really well the last month or so.

The main difference has been my climbing. Losing about fifteen pounds and training with the weight vest have been the keys to my success. I am able to hang with the fast guys longer on the hills, and my recovery time between hard efforts is getting shorter. This has allowed me to move from the middle-rear of the peloton all the way up to the actual middle of the peloton. For Mongo, this is a big step up.

If Mongo continues to improve and loses a few more pounds, I might even attempt a cyclocross race this fall. 

No comments: