Monday, July 21, 2008

Guess Who's Back...Shady's Back


This is what he used to look like when he was in his formative years of smarmy weaseldom.
Johan Bruyneel would go on to become the John Gotti of cycling. Savvy and smooth with the public and press, but you just knew by looking at him that he was guilty of something.
Mongo witnessed his smarm in person at the Tour of Georgia this year when I saw him coming out of the Astana bus. We made brief eye contact, and in that fleeting moment, I could tell that he knew that I knew..."You can't handle the truth, Bruyneel!"
My point is this...Teflon Johan is going to be a buzzkill to Mongo for for the rest of the TDF. He's joining the Versus network to add his expert analysis. Give me an effin' break. I guess Floyd Landis and Michael Rasmussen were busy this month.

No comments: