Thursday, July 10, 2008

Too Legit To Quit


Mongo unexpectedly had the day off today, so I had to decide how to spend my time.

Of course, there was Regis & Kelly at 9:00 a.m....Channel surfing between 10:00 and 11:00...The View from 11:00 to 12:00...And that's when I realized I missed the Tour coverage on VS. All I can say is that my cat brought home some sticky catnip...Enough said!

After lunch, and catching up on today's stage on the computer, I realized it was going to rain...so I took a short nap.

When I woke up and it still wasn't raining, I knew I had to go riding...Mongo's performance this past week has been terrible. Heat, bad nutrition, stress...have all contributed, but lack of "seat time" is the real culprit.

Mongo hammered the hills in my 'hood for an hour and a half, doing at least twenty climbs in various gear combinations. Since I am a big-ring masher on the flats, when I spin at a high cadence on steep climbs, my heart-rate goes through the roof. Trying these different gearing combinations was very helpful in finding a good balance between cadence and power.

No comments: