Monday, March 23, 2009

A Game Of Inches


I wish I had a good excuse. I wish that there was a product I could buy that would change my situation. I wish there was an easy way.

The fact of the matter is that cycling for Mongo has become a metaphor for life. Is it enough just to get by...or am I willing to make the sacrifices and the effort needed to accomplish greater things?

For a big man, I am a strong cyclist. In the world of strong cyclists, I am a big man.

To be an accomplished rider you must be able to climb well and recover quickly. Whatever strengths you have on the flats mean nothing if you can't climb.

For a big man, I'm a fairly strong climber. In the world of strong climbers, I suck!

I need to lose twenty pounds and do more specific interval hill training...Do I have it in me?

1 comment:

Sean Lewis said...

you can do it, cut out the ice cream and charge up the hills. eye of the tiger!