Thursday, May 7, 2009

She Is A B**ch


In Mongo's ongoing quest to secure sixth place, or as I like to call it, Second Team Podium, in the Hammerfest Spring Series, my training has been both secretive and intense.

Today I went out for a fat-burning thirty on LPE. As I was cruising along on the homeward half, rocking out to some Tool that was cranking from the boombox duct taped to my handlebars, I thought to myself that it had been a really long time since someone other than my regular group of buddies had given Mongo a beat down on a bicycle...I was feeling quite proud of myself when Karma reared her ugly head in the form of a really fast douchebag on a Scott CR1...It was on!

To add insult to injured pride, this dude had a t-shirt tucked in his Assos shorts...what a dick! Anyway, he jumped every light and intersection for six miles trying to lose me. I couldn't match his acceleration because, remember, I was on a twenty four pound mountain bike, but I would always catch him. And when I did, I would draft him mercilessly. Finally, when I knew he was done, I did my best Christoph Sauser and went around him. It was sweet!

Remember kids...There's always someone out there who is faster on a bicycle and better at Pool than you are...Just not today.

No comments: