Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This Stuff Tastes Like Ass


Mongo has had a revelation. After a weekend of psychedelics, sweating, 80's music, and wishing I was hittin' it with this Linda when I was actually stuck with this Linda, Mongo decided to change his ways in dramatic style.

I sabotaged my own Hammerfest aspirations for the entire season by not showing up for this past Monday's ride...On purpose!

Why, you might ask, would I do something this stupid? I have to thank a conversation I had a week or two ago with one of the owners of this place.

I was talking about points and standings and this and that, and when I was done he basically said ...why? In that one word he reminded me that even though I'm a solid rider, I'll never be as good as I want to be, for many different reasons, so instead of chasing my tail, why not just go out and have fun. It took a few days... and a few rounds with Alice and some Peyote, but the message finally sunk in.

Though I'll continue to be competitive with myself based on performance expectations, I will now look at the Hammerfest as an opportunity to have some fun...Except, of course, when it involves my blood-feud with this guy.

No comments: