Thursday, June 11, 2009

What's Wrong With Me?


After two solid work days with no riding since Monday's Hammerfest, Mongo was looking forward to an easy 30-40 to get my legs back under me.

I had planned on sleeping in a little and getting my ride started around ten. When I was jerked awake at around seven thirty, I knew the plans had changed...Apparently I was either about to give birth or my special Mexican bottled water wasn't really special.

Mongo often bemoans the fact that I'm being held back from my peak performance on the bike by the extra 15-20 that I can't seem to lose from around my waist. Yes, I have admitted to the B&J problem and eating late at night, but it wasn't until I did a mental checklist of the prior day's food that I understood the hows and whys of my gastrointestinal situation

This is exactly what I had to eat yesterday in order...

1. Baked crabcake w/remoulade sauce
2. Half a southwestern shrimp wrap /black bean salsa
3. Cup of lobster bisque
4. Spicy buffalo chicken tenders
5. Goat cheese bruschetta w/ sesame crackers
6. Met-Rx chocolate meal bar
7. Bowl of Raisin-Bran w/ skim milk(Ha,ha...really)
8. Pint of B&J Karmel Sutra

I think I need an intervention...but I did go riding!

No comments: