Monday, December 21, 2009

Cold Toes And Good Times: The Sunday Ride


It never cracked forty degrees yesterday. The sun came out for about fifteen seconds...and it was really windy. Perfect weather if you happen to have a "j" in the middle of your first name. For the rest of us, it was fairly miserable.

That being said, Mongo met up with his much stronger teammates, Clay and Jason, for a training ride on the "Hammerfest" loop. I felt pretty good, though because I had bronchitis as a kid, my lungs perform badly in cold weather...It's either that or the weed.

Mongo's Winter training program is right on schedule. If I can keep doing what I've been doing with my diet and riding over the next couple of months, I see no reason why I won't be a force in Cat 4/5 this upcoming season.

No comments: