Monday, December 21, 2009

Mongo Pusher Turns Two...And I Missed It


In Mongo's extremely hectic world of no wife, no children, plenty of rest and exercise, plus an incredibly flexible job, it's easy to see how I might forget a few important details every now and then.

Thus is the case with the anniversary of my own little corner of the Internet. If truth be told, and it is, I thought my first post was on December 17th. I was planning to write something to commemorate this monumental occasion on the seventeenth, but when I double checked, I realized I had missed the boat by two days already...so I said "screw it" and went about my aforementioned busy life. Upon further review, I decided a few words needed to be written about why I have even been doing this blog for the past couple of years.

I never imagined that I would be enjoying and enthusiastic about an endeavour that allows me to express myself in so may ways. Mongo Pusher started out as an homage to the talented and prolific, Bike Snob NYC. His style and humour made me laugh out loud, and I thought a "similar'ish" blog for my own personal amusement would be fun. I soon realized that he was much better at it than I could ever be, but...I was having fun and slowly finding my own voice.

It was not my intention, at first, for everyone to read what I was writing. It was a cathartic way to express my feelings through humor and some occasionally dark poetry, and the anonymity of the computer provided a safe shelter. This blog became as much a personal journal as it did a satirical commentary. It's wild for me to think that today my blog has been viewed almost 20,000 times by people in 1,700 cities and 89 countries around the world. As far as Internet views go, I know it's no "Two girls...One cup", but it is nice to know that there are people out there that enjoy, for their own personal reasons, what I write sometimes.

I want to thank all of my patrons who have stopped by...especially the regulars. All the best to everyone...MP

No comments: