Thursday, January 3, 2008

Have I Run Too Far To Get Home ?



I was laying awake in bed last night, extremely uncomfortable due to the previously mentioned groin pull, and I started thinking about all the abuse that my body has taken over the last few months. Hips, elbows, knees, wrists, ankles...I've pretty much injured every joint possible. Though some Mt. Biking mishaps have contributed, most of the injuries have come from skateboarding.

When I skate, I have to go all out. My enjoyment comes from pushing my limits and progressing in my skills. Unfortunately... I'm too old to be doing this s**t ! My sixteen year old brain is leading my forty one year old body into very dangerous territory.

What sucks is that I want to do everything. It's like being in a skateboard coma for twenty five years and then trying to catch up on what you missed. The sad reality is that age and wisdom will probably prevent me from honing my skills for the '09 Tampa Am, but I'm having the time of my life getting every bump and bruise along the way.

Has it been worth all the pain?.....Fo' Sho'!

No comments: