Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year...I Have A Groin Pull


Mongo has a long standing tradition that entails riding one of his bikes on the first day of every year. The thinking is that starting the year doing something I love will set the tone for twelve months of good karma. For no good reason, Mongo decided to change things up... and got F'd in the A.

This year I decided to go skateboarding and bomb some hills instead of riding the bike. It was a great session. My friend and I shredded and represented to the best of our abilities and then called it a day. If it had only ended there...!

Long story short...In the process of trying a trick I shouldn't have,(a.k.a. cocky) my back foot came of the board and my front foot didn't. I did a leg split worthy of the limberest sixteen year old female cheerleader. Pain and agony ensued, and I limped home to ice down my crotch.

I'll be back on the bike in '09

No comments: