Thursday, May 13, 2010

Living In Perfect Harmony



It is a very rare occasion in Mongo's adult life that something occurs that makes my anger and adrenaline spike to the point that I become primal and without reason. When this happens, literally any outcome is possible. Luckily for me, I have been an adult for a few years now.

I was almost run over on the Sub-18 today by a big-ass truck that decided to pass me on a short downhill stretch leading up to a stoplight. I had just moved from the shoulder to the middle of the lane before the crest of the hill...and I was going the speed limit...and it was a no passing zone...when he tried to go around me. He didn't see the other car coming up the hill, and had I not swerved to the right, there would have been a head-on collision.

The dude in the truck got trapped at the light and Mongo rolled up on him steaming! "You almost killed me and yourself you stupid motherfucker!". "Blah, blah, blah, asshole... Blah, blah, blah, I have just as much of a right to the road as you...Blah, blah, blah, I don't want to hear shit out of you other than you know you fucked up and you're sorry."

Then he apologized, the light changed, and we both went on our way.

No comments: