Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Shaky Shakedown: The Sunday Ride


It only took Mongo three miles before I realized I wasn't wearing my HR monitor today. Not so bad in the great scheme of cycling...we've all done it before. What was bad was me leaving both of my water bottles at the shop and not realizing this until I was ten miles into the ride.

I had alot on my mind today. I had to work out the kinks on the new bike-build, as well as getting in some much needed training for the resumption of the 23/2300 Hammerfest tomorrow night.

While much of the peloton have been keeping their competitive juices flowing over the past couple of weeks at the Wednesday Night Criterium Series, including "Enough points to be a Cat 3 but sandbagging in Cat 4 so he can win a title belt" MC-Lean(TM), Mongo has been relegated to limited training on LPE.

It was good to get back on a road bike after a few weeks off. The new frame performed well, I guess, and I got in a few smackdowns over my forty mile jaunt. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: