Thursday, January 20, 2011

Twelve Pounds Of Flesh: Back Off The Cream

As far as I can tell, Mongo is doing a pretty good job with my 2010/ 2011 Winter training/ weight loss regimen. I went the entire month of December without ice cream and generally eating well. And even after a two week bender in January, which included a Chunky Monkey and Mongo doing the entire Karmel Sutra with a stripper named Cherry Garcia, I have managed to lose twelve'ish pounds.

With my first race of the season being one month from yesterday, Mongo has decided to go cold turkey once again and see where I can get by race time. If I can lose another 10-15 pounds and get in some strong training on the road, I'll be quite happy.

I took a step in that direction today with a loop on the 23/2300 Hammerfest course and another ten miles of cool-down afterwards. It was the first time Mongo had been out on the Barchetta in many weeks, and it felt good to go fast once again.

No comments: