Monday, December 17, 2007

Do I Have To Like Cyclocross ?


I have been a cyclist my entire life. Road bikes-Mountain bikes-BMX- Beach cruisers-I've rocked them all. I purposely didn't mention Recumbents or Trikes because you have to be upright and uncomfortable for it to be considered cycling.

The point I'm trying to make is that I love cycling in all it's forms and machinations but I have never been able to sink my teeth into cyclocross. Maybe it's because my name isn't Sven, or because I don't live in a country with limited daylight and humor, but I just never got it. Oh, I get it as a test of technical and masochistic skill, but my big question is always why?

Give me a four inch travel Mountain bike or a laser fast Road machine any day. I don't see these Euro-weirdos four wheeling in their Ferrari's!

No comments: