Saturday, December 15, 2007

Golf...WTF!


Before I defend my honor as an extreme athlete, let me just say that in the future I may need to discuss my early years as a tennis prodigy which included, among other things, a healthy man-crush on Bjorn Borg.

I taught myself to play golf when I was around sixteen. It was the summer before my senior year in high school. My family had just moved to Raleigh, NC, I had no friends at the time, and I was a punk. I read the book, Golf My Way, by Jack Nicklaus dozens of times and took what I learned to the range and eventually the course. That summer changed my life.

In the 25 years that I have been playing golf I have never taken a lesson. I don't recommend it...and to answer your question, no I don't suck! (GSGA 6.5) My particular path to golf mediocrity has introduced me to thousands of teachers, all willing to share the "answer".

The things I've seen and heard on the golf course are as sketchy as a Floyd Landis alibi or a Mike V. acid drop.

No comments: