Sunday, December 16, 2007

Winter Riding Is Not For P#$%ies


That is a picture of Mongo in his Castelli witness protection gear. I don't make a habit of having ridiculous photos of myself taken, but my friend thought my getup looked like a cross between the Unabomber and that annoying guy on the Litespeed from your group ride. So, photos were taken and laughs were had.

Today was cold. Sub 40 degrees with 20+mph wind. Not too long ago I would have sucked it up and done at least 30 miles on my trusty old school/ tricked out/ bad weather/ hardtail/ Raleigh.

Today my oldness became a factor and I didn't power through it. Worst of all, I didn't care. Even after going through the endless ritual of layering up for a winter ride and prepping my bike, I only made it two miles down the street before I said... "Not today".

No comments: