Monday, August 10, 2009

Miles To Go Before I Sleep


As I am sure is the case with most cyclists, when Mongo discusses my mileage with non-cyclists, they are both amazed and a little leery by what I tell them. To someone who only rides around the neighborhood or park, forty, sixty, or a hundred miles seems like an impossibility...But as we all know, these numbers come and go as our skill and fitness levels improve over time.

I say all of this because when I rolled into my driveway at the end of my forty mile, "Stop F***ing Around And Get Your S**t Together" ride yesterday, and scrolled through the various readouts on my Vic 20, analog, friction-powered, computer, I noticed that my perpetual odometer read exactly 10,000 miles.

In the last nineteen months, Mongo has pedaled the width of the United States more than three times...That's pretty cool.

No comments: