Sunday, August 23, 2009

What's New In Douchey?: The Sunday Ride


Mongo doesn't like repeating himself...to the hard of hearing, or on this blog. Originality is a Dragon that I am constantly chasing.

That being said, I do enjoy the chronic "what?" ling of my boy, Andreas Kloden in a humorous and soap opera-y fashion. Up until now, I have never felt the need for another episodic post, but the array of characters I deal with every Sunday makes me want to explore the weekend douche varietal.

Today, Mongo put in an easy 42 miles at about a 17.5 mph pace. I can't be exactly sure of the stats because my computer stopped working about twenty times during the ride. Too many damn batteries to worry about...pick-ups, head unit, HR monitor. Anyway, that problem has since been resolved.

As I was close to the end of the ride and thinking to myself how uneventful it had been, with no smackdowns or pursuits of any kind, I saw him! At first, I truly couldn't believe my eyes...this could not be happening. No one would be doing what this guy was doing unless there was an emergency or...he was the biggest dick in the world!

Pedaling towards me was a grey-haired gentleman on an 80's era road bike with a Nashbar-style matching kit along with mt. bike shoes and pedals. I see this kind of getup all the time, so by itself it wouldn't normally warrant more than a smirk. Here's the payoff...

This m***** f***** was sitting up in the saddle, no hands on the bar, and...wait for it...wait for it...reading a book!!!

No comments: