Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ten Kilos: The Cold Weather Stash


Well, now that Mongo's road season is over, it's time to think about how I'm going to fend off my annual Winter visitor. He comes every year around November, and though I can usually get rid of him by May, sometimes he stays as late as July.

I wish that I was referring to the twenty pounds I gain every off-season...But in this case, I am using the "visitor" metaphor to describe my Nicaraguan half-brother, Santos...who illegally immigrates to the southeastern United States every Fall to harvest marijuana and smuggle pirated Sony Playstations back to the "old country".

As you can imagine, the raucous, all night, bilingual, Madden tournaments, along with the constant threat of Federal involvement, mitigated, of course, by the quality of the weed, can really test "family".

No comments: