Monday, November 15, 2010

One Day Ahead Of The Funk: The Sunday Ride


Mongo's been on the verge of getting sick for about a week now. Normally, I have the immune system of a trailer park Skunk, but at approximately 4:00 pm yesterday, Mongo officially succumbed to whatever is succumbing me.

It also just so happens that that time was a couple of hours after I had finished a tough ride. I did 30'ish miles of hard climbing and traffic avoidance with teammates, "I only ride at the front" Jason, and "There's an orchestra in my cassette" Clay. The combination of exertion, cold weather, and potholes, finally defeated my defenses.

I felt so shitty, that after some food and a shower, I went to sleep at seven thirty...bad idea! Mongo never, ever, ever, sleeps for more than eight hours...no matter what time I go to bed. You do the math...I was wide awake, and still very much sick, at three o'clock in the morning. Only after another hot shower and then watching Boardwalk Empire did I manage to get a couple more hours of sleep.

I'm looking at a week, at least, of no riding if I'm going to shake this bug.

No comments: