Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Have You Seen Them?...You Will Soon
















Left to right: (Stacy Peralta, Rodney Mullen, Steve Caballero, Tony Hawk, Mike McGill, Lance Mountain, Mark Gonzales)

For skateboarders between the ages of thirty five and forty five, these guys are the shit. Where the Z-Boys left off, the Bones Brigade picked up the torch and took over.

"OG" Z-Boy and legend, Stacy Peralta, is directing a documentary in 2011, a la "Dogtown and Z-Boys", chronicling the evolution and impact of the Bones Brigade on skateboarding and the culture.

Mongo hasn't been this excited about a movie since I skipped school to go see "Return Of The Jedi" on opening day...and had to decline a TV interview on the local news about "Star Wars Mania!" because I had lied about why I wasn't in school and was sure I'd be busted when everyone saw me...True story.

Photo:Atiba/Steve Caballero)

No comments: