Monday, June 28, 2010

The Full Izumi: Specialized Edition


Of the many witty sayings and trademarks that Mongo has created over the years, one that I get great enjoyment out of saying is "The Full Izumi". What it basically means is that you are kitted out from head to toe in one particular cycling brand. I could have used any brand to make my point, but "Full Izumi" rolls off the tongue a little easier than "Full Assos" or "Full super-dorky Primal Wear".

Anyway, since last Monday's embarrassing abandonment of the 23/2300 Hammerfest, Mongo has had three days of serious training...seventy five percent of which were spent in Zone 2 on the HR monitor. Add to this the recent podiums by teammates, "Soon To Be Cat 3" MC-Lean and "Clydesdale" Dan, and my motivation has never been higher.

I am looking forward to seeing how all of this plays out tonight.

No comments: