Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm Too Old For This Shit


I guess it was just a matter of time. In fact, it's been so long that I can't actually remember the last time it happened. I was overdue. No...I'm not talking about being with a live, human, woman...I'm talking about the ol' high-speed cycling crash.

As far as crashes go, this one was a very manly, aggressive crash. Mongo's homie, Rahsaan Bahati, would be proud. I took a 90 degree left-hand turn at 24+ mph on a wide line that I don't usually take. Mongo was jockeying for position with the "Danimal" on the final turn of the Sprint at last night's 23/2300 Hammerfest when I took a chance on a dangerous move by going deep into the corner...bad idea!

Mongo went from "oh shit, this could get sketchy" to "why am I in a ditch and in a lot of pain?" in about one second. It was crazy...and over as soon as it started. Luckily, Mongo didn't take any of his boys down with him and my bike only has superficial damage.

My body, on the other hand, is jacked! Cuts, bruises, road rash, and muscle pain are all making their presence known. What sucks is that up to that point Mongo was having a good ride.

No comments: