Monday, June 21, 2010

Something Must Be Wrong With Me


For only the second time in recent memory, Mongo was forced to abandon the 23/2300 Hammerfest. The first time was due to illness and respiratory problems, which is acceptable, but tonight's embarrassment was because of dead legs.

I don't know what's up...but I've had no snap in my legs for a while now. My lungs are good, my hydration is good, my nutrition is "ok", but my performances lately have been well below my expectations. I can only think that I've been overdoing my training in the heat of the day and that I'm not getting enough rest. At least I hope that's it...It would really suck if I've hit the wall and have to start acting, and cycling, my age.

Tonight I hopefully kept my "Man Card" by at least completing the two major climbs on the ride before loosening my bra and limping home.

No comments: